Turkish Research Area
Working Environment | Turkish Research Area
Launched in 2004, one of the subsequent triggers in Turkey is the conceptualization of the Turkish Research Area (TARAL). TARAL set into motion a mobilization with which the business enterprise and public sectors, together with NGOs, strategically focus and collaborate on R&D and innovation.
The TARAL objectives to be achieved are to:
- enhance the quality of life,
- find innovative solutions to societal needs,
- increase the competitiveness of the country,
- foster and diffuse S&T awareness in society.
To make such a mobilization possible, the TARAL targets were determined as bolstering:
- the share of R&D expenditures in Gross Domestic Product (GDP),
- the demand for R&D,
- the number of qualified R&D personnel.
A critical stimulus was the formulation of a new, additional public investment TARAL budget for the utilization of the R&D and innovation activities of TARAL actors. Hence, TARAL triggered a particular kind of mobilization, both in the sense of resources and in guiding system actors towards socio-economic goals, which continues to be instrumental in the Turkish Model.
Please click here for more information on Turkish Research Area.
Please clich here for the latest statistics about Turkish Research Area.