Turkish Research Area
Working Environment | Turkish Research Area
Launched in 2004, one of the subsequent triggers in Turkey is the conceptualization of the Turkish Research Area (TARAL). TARAL set into motion a mobilization with which the business enterprise and public sectors, together with NGOs, strategically focus and collaborate on R&D and innovation.
The TARAL objectives to be achieved are to:
- enhance the quality of life,
- find innovative solutions to societal needs,
- increase the competitiveness of the country,
- foster and diffuse S&T awareness in society.
To make such a mobilization possible, the TARAL targets were determined as bolstering:
- the share of R&D expenditures in Gross Domestic Product (GDP),
- the demand for R&D,
- the number of qualified R&D personnel.
A critical stimulus was the formulation of a new, additional public investment TARAL budget for the utilization of the R&D and innovation activities of TARAL actors. Hence, TARAL triggered a particular kind of mobilization, both in the sense of resources and in guiding system actors towards socio-economic goals, which continues to be instrumental in the Turkish Model.
Please click here for more information on Turkish Research Area.